Online coaching: 1- to -1 help
- develop public speaking confidence & competence
Maybe you're fearful at the thought of making a speech.
Or perhaps you'd like assistance with speech delivery, or planning?
Or writing, body language, breathing, or something else to do with public speaking?
Yes? Then read on.
One-to-one online coaching could be just what you need.
Meet with me in the comfort and privacy of your own home and together we'll:
- find a starting point to build the skills you want
- plan and implement a step-by-step doable program tailored to your specific needs
Elements your program could include are assistance with:
- disempowering and reframing bad public speaking experiences
- detailed planning and time-lining an upcoming speech to ensure nothing realistically within your control is left to chance
- audience research - understanding what they need and want to hear
- speech content, structure and writing
- story telling in speeches
- speech practice/rehearsal
- voice: delivery - vocal variety, speech rate, articulation ...
- body language and gesture and more. Ask me!
The Covid-19 pandemic has significantly changed the way we work by moving us to 100% online communication.
To be successful in my job, effective communication and inspirational presentations are very important. However, I noticed what was so easy for me in face-to-face interactions, became really challenging online. Through not seeing the audience I was failing to build the right connections and became increasingly insecure.
I had a panic attack during one presentation. Then I started to suffer even more every time I had to present.
I needed support and found Susan. Our very first introductory session released the blockage in me, and I began to get back my confidence.
In following sessions we worked to further improve my online presentation and communications skills.
Susan didn’t follow a predefined plan, but being an excellent listener and observer, she was rather adjusting the sessions to my personal needs.
After each session I received a comprehensive summary of key learnings and additional tips on how to implement the learnings in my working life. This approach proved to be a very efficient and I made great progress after just 3 coaching sessions.
I highly recommend Susan to anybody who faces some similar challenges or simply wants to improve one’s communication and presentation skills.
Kristina T. - director global nutrition company, Switzerland
What do you need for online coaching?
To meet me online you need:
- A computer with a reliable broadband connection
- A Skype, Whatsapp, Zoom or FaceTime account! These are all free, and generally very reliable.
- A compatible webcam and microphone if you're using your laptop to connect. (Do check. They could be part of your computer set up already.)
How does getting together work?
It's simple! We arrange a time and date, then connect and meet - one to one. I live in New Zealand. If you are out of my time zone (NZST - UTC/GMT +12hrs) we'll use this international meeting planner to plan a connection.
How do we decide what to focus on?
That's simple too!
You tell me ahead of time, beginning with filling out the questionnaire form below.
We have an initial (free) get together to discuss in further detail what you want to achieve and to make sure we can work with each other productively.
Then I take the information you've provided and shape/design a session, or series of sessions, especially tailored to meet your specific needs.
I engaged Susan to help me with an opening speech for an important upcoming event. I had to simultaneously introduce myself, and my company, while welcoming guests to the evening’s festivities.
Public speaking is one of my areas of weakness. I had spent hours thinking about the speech, going round in circles, and getting nowhere.
Then I found Susan. She was more than helpful and so pleasant to work with. She worked on my speech until I was comfortable with it and also coached me so I could deliver it appropriately. The event went well and I got great feedback about my opening.
I am forever thankful to Susan and will be utilizing her in ALL of my public speaking events going forward.
Danny L. - wealth management advisory services - USA
Is there after-session support?
Once the session is through I will email you a summary of the material covered as well as action points and/or resources discussed.
How much does online coaching cost?
How, what, and when do I pay?
- A 60 minute session = US $80 + fees* payable by PayPal*
- Or book 3 X 60 minute sessions for US $210 + fees* payable by PayPal*
You pay for your session(s) once you have submitted your questionnaire, I have reviewed your request, we've had a preliminary chat to see if we can work together AND we have agreed on the next meeting date and time.
*It doesn't matter if you don't have a PayPal account as PayPal also accepts Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express credit cards.
*Fees: PayPal charges account holders fees to receive payments. For example, the charges on $80 USD, the price of an hour of coaching, is $3.52 USD + a currency fee of 30c.USD which equals a total of $3.82 USD.
Please note: I live in New Zealand and the standard rate is 4.4% + a fixed fee based on the currency received. Check out this PayPal page on how charges are calculated if you want to find out more.
Click to check my Terms and Conditions.
Who are you?
Understandably, most people like to know who the person is behind the words, particularly before they go clicking any PayPal links and flashing credit cards around!
Here's the essentials:
- I have a Bachelor degree majoring in English and psychology.
- I am a trained teacher.
- I have over 20 years teaching experience specializing in drama.
- I was a member of Toastmasters International for many years. During that time, aside from giving umpteen speeches, I ran workshop sessions on speech delivery, and participated in speech competitions, sometimes successfully. ☺
Click the link to find out more about me.
Ready to fill in the online coaching form?
Please include as much relevant detail as you can. This helps me help you more effectively and quickly.
I will be in touch with you as soon as I can after I get your completed form.
*If you're not quite ready to complete the coaching form because you've got questions, please ask them through my contact form. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
Terms and Conditions
These are here to protect either of us from any potential misunderstandings. Obviously there is room for flexibility providing changes are agreed upon ahead of time.
- Payment must be received via PayPal 24 hours before the session.
- If payment is not received the session will be canceled.
- If you are late logging in to your session, it will still finish at the agreed time - extra time will not be added.
- No refunds will be given if you fail to log in for your session.
- I, Susan, will not be held responsible for any connection or technical difficulties that may occur during the session.